Wednesday 21 January 2009

Day 9 - Fun with Dixon and Maths

I've never actually seen the film fun with Dick and Jane and don't really know what it's about either *looks on wikipedia*, but figured a play on words of it was a fitting title none the less.
I was up at 6:30am this morning.
Earliest I have ever been up since Uni I think.
Luckily going to bed at 10pm paid off.

I got to my maths exam and sat there waiting to go in. It was only then it hit me that I don't have a single friend in my maths class. There are people I know, but not enough to be called friends. Not even aquintences. Man that realisation sucked.
Eventually I got into the maths exam and began.
I was so annoyed.
The layout is EXACTLY the same every year!
All they do is change the numbers about.
The first question is always on simplifying, then it moves onto straight line graphs, then trig etc.
Damn it!
Had I known that I would have just revised all the methods on how to do each of the questions there as I messed up a few of the trigonometry ones, somehow.
Ended up using the entire hour and stil carried on writing when they said pens down.
Don't think I did badly, but know I could have done better, oh well.

Left and did some more revision and Sean posted this on a facebook message, I thought it was quite witty.



Very interesting - I think you'll find it is pretty accurate!



WHO IS YOUR ROLE MODEL??? Answer the following questions............

Try it without looking at answers

1) Pick your Favourite number between 1-9

2) Multiply by 3 then

3) Add 3, then again Multiply by 3 (I'll wait while you get the calculator....)

4) You'll get a 2 or 3 digit numberï¿?.

5) Add the digits together.

Now Scroll down .............










Now with that number see who your ROLE MODEL is from the list below :

1. Einstein


2. Nelson Mandela


3. Jacob Zuma


4. Tom Cruise


5. Bill Gates


6. Gandhi


7. Brad Pitt


8. Hitler


9. Sean Kenny


10. Barack Obama




This was posted to all the E block crew. Some people weren't able to pick up on the fact that no matter what number you pick it will always be 9 as Tim said that he ended up on Barack Obama and Lewis asked which number you have to use for that one haha. Ah dear...


Rest of the day has been pretty boring tbh. Am sick of revising now. Last exam tomorrow, am just gonna fake my way through it like I do with all my exams.
At least tomorrow I'll be free for 4 days...

No comments: