Wednesday 15 October 2008

Day 24 - Cock in Clarence Dock.

Tuesday is a day of practicals, may sound more fun than a day of lectures, but it really isn't in my opinion.
Began with a 2 hour computer class in which we learned how to use excel. Although that sounds sarcastic, I never DID learn how to properly use it (by that I mean the shortcuts to adding everything up in cells or how to do graphs on it), so this class was quite helpful.
Also I realised I was behind on my assignments. I had already missed one, as I couldn't find it on the Uni website. Had I known the assignments actually go towards your final first year grade (an assignment a week and in all they count for 5% of your final grade, so missing one is like...0.25% of your mark) I may have looked harder.
I attempted the Geophysics assignment again, I somehow did worse this time than last time, BUT, managed to get one of the questions right where I worked out the wavespeed of a refracted wave travelling through a ground layer of rock from a seismogram reading :D
My last lecture was at 5pm, so I decided to stay at Uni till about 9pm (that's when the cluster shuts) doing revision, but mainly talking to Matt on facebook about what I am missing out on being so far up North.
After walking home in the cold and wet I arrived at our flat. Adam was the only person in. He had given the kitchen a complete make over. Had cleaned and hoovered it. Bought a drying rack for the plates and a drying rack for clothes. But best of all, XL gloves for me (as until now we have all used Mia's washing up gloves, and she has tiny hands). He also informed me how Laura and Mia were in the next flat making a poster of naked men.

*Long story coming up*
There is a reason for this poster being made. You see, flat 1.1 in Block E have their kitchen opposite Block G, so you can see into the other Block's kitchen. One night, some people in Block E snuck up to the Block G window at night and jumped up and scared everyone in Block G. As revenge, that night Block G made a poster with loads of naked women on it, and taped it to Block E's window, facing inwards so that we could all see it. We knew it was them as they left a message saying "Good Morning, love from Block G".
Follow so far ?
So now in Block E kitchen (we took it inside) there is a huge poster/collage of naked women. So the girls in Block E floor one decided to make another poster for the kitchen, but instead it is full of naked men. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with it. They said it took 3 hours to make. They had to buy a gay magazine and men's fitness magazines to make it. They also have loads of words like "Hard" and "Cock" printed off from word art and have that stuck all over it. I'll take a picture and upload it when I can.
But the best part of all, I am on it! A picture from when all the boys in the block were out clubbing, and randomly, everyone there began getting topless, so we all did too. So now we all look gay, on a poster with naked men and us at the bottom, all sweaty and topless, smiling. This is student life.

As the evening went on, we began playing ring of fire. I had no alcohol so had to play with water and apple squash. It all went smoothly at first, but once the "no swearing" and "no names" rule was introduced, most people were drinking every 5 seconds. Adam definitely got it worst, as he was drinking straight gin and was the drinking partner of Laura and Robyn, who both had sieve like memories about the name and swearing rule.

While they probably went to bed drunk, I went to bed with a belly full of squash and had to go to the toilet every hour till morning.

No comments: