Thursday 20 November 2008

Day 62 - They call him Boss..Boss Nigger..

So, no morning lecture meaning I could sleep in till my Maths one. I didn't really enjoy my bowl of coco pops this morning. Not sure why, it's my favorite cereal :S

Lecture wasn't too bad, but that's only because I have been working on logarithms way before this lecture as I knew I wouldn't have a clue going into a lecture starting something new. The examples class wasn't too bad either. Turns out there are more people there that struggle with maths than I thought as questions that I thought were quite "easy" were being asked quite a lot. This might just be a repeat of college after all. Biology for example. Started the year not getting anything higher than a U (seriously), until one day I worked my black ass off for a test and got 100% in it.
From that one boost of confidence in myself to make me realise that it was possible I was able to attain a B at A level for it. This might be the same.

Got home and began to ponder as to what I should do next but got distracted by Heather (she is a girl that lives on floor 3) talking to me on facebook asking how I found Puro as she was there too.
We talked for about 2 hours or so about clubs, music and even doing drugs. Like most new people I talk to, she too was suprised how I am actually capable of having real conversations on facebook unlike most people.
What can I say, I love to be descriptive about things.
I am writing a blog about every single day of my Uni life which could easily just as well be summed up as.

"Got up, had breakfast, went to lecture, facebook, dinner, sleep".

No fun in that is there.
Also Mike showed me a youtube vid that Rich S sent him ages ago about a film called Boss Nigger.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIklFsMjjU

I really reallly wanna see it. Rich S has seen it, but don't know if he has it, but we organised that when I get back we should all watch it.
I ended up falling asleep for about 4 hours during the evening and didn't do much else when I got up.
However the water will be turned off tommorrow due to works around Leeds (this is about the 3rd time this week this has happened). So I decided to fill up some bottles with water from tonight.
However, on top of our fridge there are about 10 or so bottles, some empty, some filled with vodka. Pretty silly place to put them I guess. But there was an empty lemonade bottle right behind them all.
Without thinking, I picked it up and accidentally knocked one of the glass bottles. This caused loads of them to fall and crash on the kitchen drying surface so loudly that it caused Laura to come out of her to see what the noise was. Also I ended up smashing one of Mia's bowls in the process when a bottle fell on it.
But don't worry, the vodka is still in one piece.

Felt kinda guilty so left her a note saying I was sorry and that I'd buy her a new bowl, though Laura said she doubts she (Laura) has already broken one of her (Mia's) plates. Not to mention since being here Mia has smashed quite a few of her things too.

Well, guess today wasn't as indepth as yesterday but no matter.
Am kinda getting into the hang of things now and with each passing day am looking forward to coming home and seeing family and friends once again :)

No comments: